[openbeos] Re: Wonderbrush/Other R5 apps under Haiku

  • From: "François Revol" <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 17:08:35 +0100 CET

> On 2006-01-27 at 15:44:17 [+0100], Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > wrote:
> > Simon Taylor <simontaylor1@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [...]
> >
> > > Actual error is "elf_resolve_symbol: could not resolve symbol
> > > 'GetFamilyAndStyle__C5BFontPA64_cPA64_c'". I have been able to
> > > get
> > > some simple apps to run in both R5 and Haiku - the doodle sample
> > > app
> > > for instance worked fine. Other R5 apps generate the same linker
> > > error.
> >
> > Then there is definitely something broken with those images.
> > libbe.so
> > should definitely contain this symbol. Ingo, if you're listening,
> > does
> > this sound familiar?
>
> No, not yet, but I can verify that the symbol is mangled differently
> when
> built under Linux, namely to "GetFamilyAndStyle__C5BFontPA63_cT1".
> I'll
> look into this tonight.

[revol@patrick ~]$ echo GetFamilyAndStyle__C5BFontPA64_cPA64_c | c++
filt
BFont::GetFamilyAndStyle(char (*)[64], char (*)[64]) const
[revol@patrick ~]$ echo GetFamilyAndStyle__C5BFontPA63_cT1 | c++filt
BFont::GetFamilyAndStyle(char (*)[63], char (*)[63]) const

Seems like the font_style and font_family types have 1 less char or
something...
I guess the T1 thingy is something like "same as first last type"

François.