[openbeos] Re: Wonderbrush/Other R5 apps under Haiku

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 15:44:17 +0100 CET

Simon Taylor <simontaylor1@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Since it's working over here, I'd suspect it's caused by the Linux
> > build.
> In that case I'll be a bit more specific - a semi-screenshot
> (something not
> quite right in that code!) is at
> http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~sjt59/fontsymbol.png

Actually it's surprising that this is still there, but it's a somewhat
known problem. It used to be there some months ago, at least.

> There was an error box on screen that said "Missing Symbol. TODO -
> not yet implemented > in Haiku" or something similar.

That only means that the alert doesn't tell you which symbol is missing
yet :-)

> Actual error is "elf_resolve_symbol: could not resolve symbol
> 'GetFamilyAndStyle__C5BFontPA64_cPA64_c'". I have been able to get
> some simple apps to run in both R5 and Haiku - the doodle sample app
> for instance worked fine. Other R5 apps generate the same linker
> error.

Then there is definitely something broken with those images. libbe.so
should definitely contain this symbol. Ingo, if you're listening, does
this sound familiar?

Bye,
   Axel.