[openbeos] Re: The importance of a FAT32-driver

  • From: "Gregor Rosenauer" <rosenauer@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2002 16:38:56 CET (+0100)

François wrote:
[slow FAT-driver]
> Yeah... even more with dma disabled because of a shitty VIA IDE chipset...
you can force enable DMA - which chipset are you using? It seems to work here,
according to idestatus.

> What would it take to improve it ? better cahing ?
Yes, and accessing of files is also very slow - it takes a while to bring up
folder-contentsm, and it takes a long time for MediaPlayer before playback
starts (new MediaPlayer from MediaKit Beta, which doesn't read the entire
file), and then after 2-3 secs smooth playing, it takes a while to bring up the