[openbeos] Re: The importance of a FAT32-driver

  • From: "Gregor Rosenauer" <rosenauer@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2002 18:48:03 CET (+0100)

François wrote:
> This has to do with the mpeg.extractor, which instead of reading the file
> directly spawns an "mpegscanner" thread, that takes the CPU anyway until it
> has
> read it entirely.
Still present in the new mpeg.extractor (MediaKit/Beta1) ?
I'm also using Carlos Hasan's mpeg-decoder, but that still uses Be's extractor
I suppose.

> I assume you mean the odd characters BeOS allows you to have in filenames,
> that windows dislikes ? maybe renaming them should work.
hmm... no, I just tested with a file "892297996.pdf", created in BeOS on a
FAT32-disk, could not be deleted from within Windows 2000/SP2. (error "has been
altered externally").

> > Whoa?! Where can I get it?  Hope it's NT-compatible? :)
> Hmm, read this:
ah I remember - however, this was only about the unofficial vbfs-driver.
I'm talking about porting the new OBFS-driver to WinNT...
IIRC custom filesystems can also have attributes in NT, which would be cool in
some way (NT-apps won't use them, but they'd be visible and editable if
writing-support was also ported).

Regards,
Gregor
--