[haiku] Re: TEMP directory

  • From: "Humdinger" <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 23:24:31 -0700 (PDT)

-- Firat Can Basarir, on Sun, 11 Oct 2009 23:46:30 +0300:
> > Joel Glenn Davis:
> >
> > Did you ever read the BeOS Bible ? Look it up on line and purchase
> > copy. BeOS was and Haiku are not trying to be like Windows or copy
> > anything from it. If you want to have a Windows desktop and
> > experience
> > then use Windows. If you want to experience what Haiku is building
> > great. Because it is a different computing experience than Windows.
> > That's the point of what the Haiku Developers are working on. To
> > give
> > everybody a choice, another option.
> Joel,
>
> This is a very inappropriate reply. He was just trying to explain his
> question for newbies by giving an example from a very popular OS.
> BeOS,
> IN FACT, does has tmp folder. That doesn't make it a Windows clone.
> Please try not to be so zealous, everyone is on the same team here.
>
> I am a newbie in this community. I haven't even downloaded and tried
> install Haiku yet, but I wanted to say that we should try to be a bit
> more friendly.

+1
That was totally uncalled for. We should all try to think our replies
over before sending them. Do I overreact? Does my reply move the topic
forward? If you want to, put 1 EUR in a cookie jar every time you
refrain from sending a possibly inflamatory mail. If you're hot
tempered, that's a nice dinner every week... :)

Gruß,
Humdinger

Deutsche Haiku News @ http://www.haiku-gazette.de