[haiku] Re: TEMP directory

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 19:19:19 -0400

On Sat, Oct 10, 2009 at 5:56 PM, François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> or just /tmp ...
> though actually I'm not sure it's cleaned up at boot yet, as it used to
> be on BeOS.

It might be worth logging a bug or enhancement for that. I've also had
thoughts of having a simple schedule server (a la cron, but not so
obscure) which could be set up to empty the Trash every month or
whatever. Should this be created it could also be used for clearing
/tmp periodically (as well as checking updates once we have an update
system, DST time change checking, and other scheduled tasks.)

I have no intention of writing this anytime soon, it was just one of
those ideas I've had. If anyone else feels inspired, go for it. But it
could probably wait for a while.

--
Regards,
Ryan