[haiku] Re: TEMP directory

  • From: Firat Can Basarir <firatcanbasarir@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 23:46:30 +0300

Joel Davis wrote:

On Sat, Oct 10, 2009 at 12:57 PM, Michel Clasquin-Johnson <clasqm@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:clasqm@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Does Haiku have a dedicated temporary directory that automatically
    gets cleaned up at shutdown? You know, like C:\WINDOWS\TEMP or
    /var/tmp?

    Thanks in advance
    Michel

    ---------------------
    Michel Clasquin-Johnson
    e-mail: clasqm@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:clasqm@xxxxxxxxx>
    website: http://www.reviewcentral.co.za/

--
Joel Glenn Davis

Did you ever read the BeOS Bible ? Look it up on line and purchase a copy. BeOS was and Haiku are not trying to be like Windows or copy anything from it. If you want to have a Windows desktop and experience then use Windows. If you want to experience what Haiku is building great. Because it is a different computing experience than Windows. That's the point of what the Haiku Developers are working on. To give everybody a choice, another option.
Joel,

This is a very inappropriate reply. He was just trying to explain his question for newbies by giving an example from a very popular OS. BeOS, IN FACT, does has tmp folder. That doesn't make it a Windows clone. Please try not to be so zealous, everyone is on the same team here.

I am a newbie in this community. I haven't even downloaded and tried to install Haiku yet, but I wanted to say that we should try to be a bit more friendly.

Firat.