[openbeos] Re: Pe in SVN ?

  • From: Oliver Tappe <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 18:54:37 +0100

Hi there,

On 2008-02-13 at 18:16:29 [+0100], Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> On 13/02/2008, François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I still use BeIDE mostly over Pe because I didn't yet fix its azerty-
> > unfriendly shortcut handling. I checked it from cvs to have a look at
> > it recently.
> >
> > Fact is the cvs is hosted at BeUnited, which we don't know how long it
> > will last. Shouldn't we put this one in svn ?
> > src/apps or 3rdparty ? IIRC we agreed to have it as default IDE so it'd
> > be src/apps.
>
> Looks like someone (Oliver Tappe?) may have already moved it to Berlios...:
>
> http://developer.berlios.de/projects/pe-editor/

Yes, that's correct. I am indeed the current maintainer of project Pe
(although I'd be pleased to have someone else take over) and several of
Haiku's core developers have helped with making Pe considerably better than
the version that's still sitting on BeUnited.

> Or is that an unmaintained version?

No, it's still supposed to be maintained. However, not much has happened,
lately.

Concerning the hosting of Pe, if haiku decides to "collect" all haiku-related
projects in one place, I would not stand against moving Pe there, too
(wherever that might be). On the other side, I don't think we will gain much
by moving all projects that already have a home. IMHO, it makes more sense
for new porting efforts (like WebKit).

cheers,
        Oliver