[openbeos] Re: Pe in SVN ?

  • From: "François Revol" <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 02:03:54 +0100 CET

> Hi Francois,
>

> > I even found a start of wxWidgets port on berlios... just as I was
> > starting to make my own. some things are really well hidden.
>
> Yeah, but we never really started (in terms of coding) due to a lack
> of
>  time (=>real life issues) ...

The screenshot on the website seemed to tell otherwise,
http://developer.berlios.de/dbimage.php?id=3664
at least the minimum classes are stubbed out.
It should be quite usable now if you use wxUniversal for not-yet-
implemented classes.

I'm not fond of BeIDE projects OTH, doesn't scale and needs hacking
when moving to someone else's box (it never picks headers correctly) or
BONE (libs).

I don't have much time either but I'll give it a look.
It might need an update though, 2.8.7 is out.

Unlike most other toolkits around wx tries to use native controls as
much as possible, a port would allow getting nice apps that looks quite
native.

François.