[openbeos] Re: Intel 945GM Support (intel_extreme driver)

  • From: "Mathew Schofield" <mr.skoe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 14:44:34 +1000

On 8/22/06, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

"Mathew Schofield" <mr.skoe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 8/22/06, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > How do you get to believe that (even though it's definitely a
> > possibility, as Intel likes to do stuff like that, for whatever
> > stupid
> > reason)?
> Well, i came accross it in the sources of the Xorg Driver and tried
> it. Since it *seemed* to work, and it booted without fail.

Now that's a reason :-)

Well, i think i've muddled things up. I found the document i was looking for, and it's apart of the agpgart linux module released @ http://intellinuxgraphics.org/:

agp.h:
#define I810_GMADDR             0x10
#define I810_MMADDR             0x14
#define I810_PTE_BASE           0x10000

intel-agp.c:
#define I915_GMADDR     0x18
#define I915_MMADDR     0x10
#define I915_PTEADDR    0x1C

So unless the GMADDR and the GTT Base address are the same thing, i've
muddled up the patch. Intel has changed things around, no dobt,
however.

On 8/22/06, Paolo Pisati <p.pisati@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
AFAIK FreeBSD agp driver doesn't support 945 chipset:
with a bit of hacking (aka add the appropiate ids in the appropiate
files) it will attach, but it won't work.

That was the situation when i last tried to make my 945g work
a couple of months ago, and so far i don't remember any progress
on this front, but you can prove me wrong here... :)

It works for me, provided i use a limit with the VideoRam option in X. I havn't had the time to play around with it, and if need be i'll use an OS that fully supports my i945GM (Even though i do love FreeBSD :).

--
Thank You
Mathew Schofield