[openbeos] Re: Intel 945GM Support (intel_extreme driver)

  • From: Paolo Pisati <p.pisati@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 15:09:44 +0200

On Tue, Aug 22, 2006 at 02:32:50PM +0200, Axel D?rfler wrote:
> > What i am doing now is installing (quad booting) FreeBSD onto my
> > laptop right now, and it seems to have slight problems with the
> > Driver. FreeBSD's AGP kernel module is allocating the resources, but
> > there is a problem with X Freezing. Once i sort out this problem
> > (I'll
> > have to update the driver) i'll get back to *trying* to hack the
> > intel_extreme driver.
>
> Good luck with it!
> The patch looks fine, even though there a some minor style issues; I'll
> correct them and apply it later, thanks!

AFAIK FreeBSD agp driver doesn't support 945 chipset:
with a bit of hacking (aka add the appropiate ids in the appropiate
files) it will attach, but it won't work.

That was the situation when i last tried to make my 945g work
a couple of months ago, and so far i don't remember any progress
on this front, but you can prove me wrong here... :)

bye
--

Paolo

Piso's first law: nothing works as expected!