[openbeos] Re: Incorrect File Sizes

  • From: "Scott MacMaster" <zqxh@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 09:53:23 -0500

It makes sense that the file size doesn't include the size of the name of a
file or other meta data that the file system adds.  However, users add
attributes to files.  Attributes can become big.  Users are concerned about
disk space and how much they are using.  Users (me, for example) want to
know how much space their attributes use.  Be doesn't display that
information.  It doesn't do something a user wants.  Therefore it is a bug.

Scott MacMaster