[openbeos] Re: Incorrect File Sizes

  • From: m.jacob@xxxxxx
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 10:30:54 +0100 (MET)

Fellows,

I totally agree here. There is a need for the average user to figure out
this information. BFS is already a lot better as NTFS in this regard, at least
users are aware of the attributes and can list them easily. NTFS tries to hide
additional streams and I don't want to know how much hidden information is
stored in the streams. In real life environments the alternative streams on
NTFS are primarily used for file-servers which have to store MacOS resource
forks and any additional stream will get lost during certain file operations,
obviously when moving a file to a partition with a FS which doesn't support
additional streams, but there are also some other conditions where this streams
are lost.

Cheers,
Rossi

--