[haiku] Re: Haiku installation

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 16:37:29 -0400

On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 4:20 PM, Truls Becken<truls.becken@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Those three options are related to the spatial vs browser debate. Some
> of the most prominent Haiku devs argue that spatial Tracker is an
> important ingredient of "the Be way", and that people should at least
> try it before switching to browser style.

I was a long-time browser style fan, but I've started to see the power
and ease of use of the spatial style after reading this old Ars
Technica article about improving the Mac OS X Finder:

http://arstechnica.com/apple/reviews/2003/04/finder.ars

I've even logged a ticket to see if any ideas from the above would be
useful in Haiku:

http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/4381

> I think they should be enabled by default ASAP. It's easier to find
> out how to disable something like this than it is to discover a
> feature that is not visible in the first place.

I agree.

--
Regards,
Ryan