[haiku] Re: Haiku installation

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2009 11:53:50 -0700

Rene Gollent wrote:
On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 12:44 PM, Jorge G. Mare<koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
If by the "Desktop section" you mean the Desktop pane of the Tracker
Preferences, that option is not there:

Upon further investigation, Darkwyrm removed the checkbox in r19934.

And here is a brief discussion that followed:

https://lists.berlios.de/pipermail/haiku-commits/2007-January/000414.html

So, if I am not mistaken, here is what we currently have:

- Desktop folders are hidden
- "Integrate Non-Boot BeOS desktops" is off by default
- "Integrate Non-Boot BeOS desktops" has been removed

It looks like this is not an alternative to accessing the desktop folder of non-boot volumes from Tracker anymore.

The setting itself should still work if altered via the settings file though.

And how does one change the settings file?

Cheers,

Jorge/aka Koki