[openbeos] Re: Distropia

  • From: Cian Duffy <myob87@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 18:53:16 +0000

> > enable (legal) DVD support in Media Player,
>
> Didn't Be choose not to get a DVD license, due to its prohibitive price
> tag? IIRC it was huge.

Million quid, I believe.

VLC's decoder is specifically legal in a few countries (France,
Ireland, etc) and specifically illegal in others, like the US, so even
had it existed at the time, Be would STILL have had to pay a million
to be legal.

> >  include the whole source tree on the CD.
>
> Most people aren't interested in the source.
> Plus, it'll be out of date as soon as it ships.

Exactly. First thing I have to do with any Linux distro is an update,
and its not updating my actual CD's, it is...

Cian
--
"We're busy running out of time"