[openbeos] Re: Cross compiling on Mac OS X

  • From: "Morgan Howe" <mthowe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 15:22:20 -0400

On 5/3/07, Brian Jung Myeng Lee <jm3lee@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks for the information. I'll dig around and see if I can get it
working. :-)

Thanks,
Brian

jm3lee@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> >
> > I am new to the list and interested in playing with Haiku. I tried to
> > search for cross-compiling guide on OS X and I was not able to find
> > any. Does anyone know if there have been any attempts? Is it already
> > working?
>
> Nope, it isn't. There was someone on the kernel list who started porting
> the build system 1 1/2 months ago, but to my knowledge, he never
finished.
> That should be the thread (SF doesn't cooperate with me ATM):

My apologies, I meant to shoot you an email Ingo and never got to it.  A
deadline was approaching and work was pretty much all-consuming.  Not to
mention traveling and moving again.  I hope to be back at it next week.

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=fa766b2d0703130835n692fd623jc7f11b2f911a0008%40mail.gmail.com&forum_name=open-beos-kernel-devel

> > If not, I would be interested in getting cross-compiling working on OS
> > X over next few weeks. I own an Intel Mac.
>
> Feel encouraged to do so. It shouldn't be that hard, since the build is
> already working on FreeBSD (or at least did until yesterday when I
switched
> to the new FS shell -- I've got no feedback yet).
>
> CU, Ingo

I also own an Intel Mac and am very interested in finishing this up.  Brian
- I'd be very happy to verify your findings and/or work with you on getting
this going under OS X.

Morgan