[openbeos] Re: Cross compiling on Mac OS X

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <bonefish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 May 2007 12:00:15 +0200

On 2007-05-09 at 02:32:56 [+0200], Brian Jung Myeng Lee <jm3lee@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> First, thank you Morgan. :-)
>
> Here's some update. I managed to compile a cross compiler. However, I
> haven't verified that it works properly. Now I'm in the process of
> figuring out how to build Haiku with a cross compiler. I am hoping
> that this will tell me if the cross compiler is working. I supposed I
> could build GCC test suite as well.

Building the cross-compiler should be easy actually. Haiku's configure
script does that, and, if I understood Morgan correctly, that worked
without changes on MacOS.

> I haven't done this kind of work before. So I can't comment much on
> details until I learn more. I haven't quite figured out how GCC build
> system works and platform dependent source code works. I do plan to
> look around and figure out what they are supposed to do.
>
> Hopefully with some amount of random head-butting and hacking, things
> will work. ;-)

Morgan already proposed some changes. I haven't applied them to our
repository, since I guessed it would be smarter to apply a patch that would
include all changes in the end. If it's easier for you to work together, I
can apply the intermediate patches, too, though. If you want me to do that,
it would be nice, if I could get a patch including all changes so far (the
<size_t.h> change wouldn't be necessary anymore).

CU, Ingo