[openbeos] Re: Cross compiling on Mac OS X

  • From: "Brian Jung Myeng Lee" <jm3lee@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 20:32:56 -0400

Hello all,

First, thank you Morgan. :-)

Here's some update. I managed to compile a cross compiler. However, I
haven't verified that it works properly. Now I'm in the process of
figuring out how to build Haiku with a cross compiler. I am hoping
that this will tell me if the cross compiler is working. I supposed I
could build GCC test suite as well.

I haven't done this kind of work before. So I can't comment much on
details until I learn more. I haven't quite figured out how GCC build
system works and platform dependent source code works. I do plan to
look around and figure out what they are supposed to do.

Hopefully with some amount of random head-butting and hacking, things
will work. ;-)

Thanks,
Brian

On 2007-05-07 at 21:22:20 [+0200], Morgan Howe <mthowe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[...]
> I also own an Intel Mac and am very interested in finishing this up.  Brian
> - I'd be very happy to verify your findings and/or work with you on getting
> this going under OS X.

Nice to hear. :-)

CU, Ingo

--