[openbeos] Re: Haiku boot (was: makebootable problem)

  • From: "Stefano D'Angelo" <zanga.mail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 20:46:22 +0100

2007/5/7, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
"Stefano D'Angelo" <zanga.mail@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> And the worst thing is that I tried Pingwinek GNU/Haiku 0.1.0 and it
> boots from the CD (only problems: desktop icons and unsupported
> monitor frequency when the Haiku logo at boot time should be
> shown)...
> I think I will wait for R1.
> Regarding audio interpolation, I worked out the problem
> mathematically
> and algorithmically (keeping an eye on Haiku audio mixer code) and
> was
> about to implement that solutions and send you patches, but I can't
> test it.

I wonder why you can't just build Haiku?
If you have already Linux or BeOS MAX running, that should not really
be a big problem (even x86-64 since Ingo's recent fs_shell changes
should work now).

x86-64 build didn't work a pair of weeks ago, I'll give it a try.

> Algorithms on which I "worked on" are: linear interpolation, cubic
> spline interpolation, Whittaker-Shannon interpolation (aka sinc
> interpolation).
> If you want, I would be happy to give you all the informations
> needed.
> I have also some advice on how to clean up a bit the actual
> drop/repeat sample algorithm (get rid of the downsampling/upsampling
> split).

You can best contact Marcus Overhagen for this (marcus at overhagen dot
de) as he has written the current mixer and knows the domain best.

Ok, thanks, and sorry for time stealing with my personal problems :-)

Stefano