[openbeos] Re: Haiku boot (was: makebootable problem)

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 May 2007 21:09:12 +0200 CEST

"Stefano D'Angelo" <zanga.mail@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> And the worst thing is that I tried Pingwinek GNU/Haiku 0.1.0 and it
> boots from the CD (only problems: desktop icons and unsupported
> monitor frequency when the Haiku logo at boot time should be
> shown)...
> I think I will wait for R1.
> Regarding audio interpolation, I worked out the problem
> mathematically
> and algorithmically (keeping an eye on Haiku audio mixer code) and
> was
> about to implement that solutions and send you patches, but I can't
> test it.

I wonder why you can't just build Haiku?
If you have already Linux or BeOS MAX running, that should not really
be a big problem (even x86-64 since Ingo's recent fs_shell changes
should work now).

> Algorithms on which I "worked on" are: linear interpolation, cubic
> spline interpolation, Whittaker-Shannon interpolation (aka sinc
> interpolation).
> If you want, I would be happy to give you all the informations
> needed.
> I have also some advice on how to clean up a bit the actual
> drop/repeat sample algorithm (get rid of the downsampling/upsampling
> split).

You can best contact Marcus Overhagen for this (marcus at overhagen dot
de) as he has written the current mixer and knows the domain best.

Bye,
   Axel.