[haiku-web] Re: Upgrade to Drupal 6 (was: Drupal Twitter Module)

  • From: Niels Reedijk <niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 19:40:44 +0200

Hi Jorge,

2009/4/3 Jorge G. Mare <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Howdy,
> If the availability of a good Drupal 6 theme makes it that much easier
> to upgrade, then I would not mind undertaking doing a new theme for
> Haiku. This may actually be a good thing in preparation for the upcoming
> releases (maybe not alpha, but perhaps beta and final R1).

While it sounds like a good project, I feel that it might be better
first to think about the direction the main website should take,
because that largely influences the way it should look.

I would suggest trying an intermediate step, which is to create a
'start' site for users from outside the community that want to try
Alpha 1. Sort of like the promotional websites of Mozilla
(http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/personal.html). The goal of this
website would be to guide new users to the appropriate resources when
it comes to installing, testing and learning more about Haiku.

This will give us some time to untangle our current website and your
new design can be simpler (to speed up rolling it out), while also
serving as a basis for a new theme for the whole website.

Just a thought.

N.