[haiku-web] Re: Reviewing/Updating/Combining howto guides for building/installing Haiku

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 08:07:22 -0700

Hi,

Urias McCullough wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 10:02 PM, Jorge G. Mare <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Is this not a rehash of the recent "Community Documentation
>> Collaboration" thread? IIRC, based on an IRC discussion, we had a basic
>> agreement that we would look into creating a new realm for
>> well-maintained documentation with a new wiki-like process and rules
>> (leaving the old documents where they are). Do you want to pursue
>> something different now?
>>

> Nope. But someone needs to fix all the bad documentation.
>

>> IMVHO, these things can be (and have been) discussed ad nauseam, but if
>> nobody takes actual action nothing, will happen. :)
>>

> That's why I'm taking some action and listing all the content that
> needs to be fixed.

OK, I realize my last email may have come accross the wrong way.

/me bows profusely (Japanese style) to his good friend Urias. We are
good, right Urias? :)

What I meant to say is that we all know the state of our documentation,
and we already have a good idea of what we want to do (that came about
through long past discussions on this list as well as on IRC). When we
had the last discussion on this list, I thought we had a basic
agreement, which I will list:

- Keep existing docs where they are
- Create new realm for a well defined scope of new docs meant to be well
maintained (quality over quantity)
- Use wiki-style processes and rules

If we do have this basic agreement, why don't we just move to implement
this and start consolidating the docs there as we see fit?

Cheers,

Jorge