[haiku-web] Re: Reviewing/Updating/Combining howto guides for building/installing Haiku

  • From: Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 00:53:29 +0000

On Sat, May 2, 2009 at 2:01 AM, Jorge G. Mare <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Matt Madia wrote:
>> On another note, it's been pointed out, that we should simply focus on
>> just the Building Haiku & Installing Haiku sections, as that is the
>> highest priority right now.
>>

> That was me. :) I think the documentation area is the one with more
> pressing needs, and the one that triggered this discussion after all.
> Realistically, focusing on the Building Haiku and Installing Haiku
> guides, as opposed to trying to redo the whole website content, will
> also increase the likelihood that this actually gets done.

The outline has been published at : http://www.haiku-os.org/node/2500

I've already started submitting some pages  of "Wiki Like"
http://www.haiku-os.org/node/add/doctype
Their urls have been added to the appropriate section in the outline.
I'm not sure if those have been published at this point.  The author
information is "Anonymous" and any additions or edits are welcomed.
I'm not sure if those pages should (not) be published at this point.
How are the permissions changed on those pages such that non-editors
can contribute to them?
Is that something we want to enable right away or perhaps a little
further down the road once some more structure is in place?

For now, all pages should have notifications disabled.  Please add
your name to a document that you plan to work on in the immediate
future.

Jorge: I understand you had planned on creating the structure for
these pages.  It felt that this task was starting to collect dust
already and I didn't want this to lose its priority for me personally
:)

--mmadia