[haiku-web] Re: Reviewing/Updating/Combining howto guides for building/installing Haiku

  • From: Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 07:45:50 -0700

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 2:52 AM, Marcus Jacob <rossi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> http://www.streetpainter.net/haiku/downloads/how-to_build_haiku_on_ubuntu_8_10.txt
>
> As www.streetpainter.net is my site, I'll depreceate the guide and put a
> link to haiku-os.org instead for those who still use the guide.

Please don't remove it until there is a guide on haiku-os.org that has
the information that is useful. I realize that the reason external
guides exist is because they must in order to provide useful
information. Your guide is one of the very few that even discusses
hybrid builds. But once the website has current content, I would
surely appreciate that people updated their sites to point to it :)

I still would like to get a section of the website available for
people to contribute to, but I just simply don't have the time lately.

- Urias