[haiku-web] Re: Reviewing/Updating/Combining howto guides for building/installing Haiku

  • From: Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 08:15:27 -0700

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 8:07 AM, Jorge G. Mare <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> OK, I realize my last email may have come accross the wrong way.
>
> /me bows profusely (Japanese style) to his good friend Urias. We are
> good, right Urias? :)

Don't worry, we're good ;)

I was actually on my way to bed, so my shortness was largely due to me
being tired.

> What I meant to say is that we all know the state of our documentation,
> and we already have a good idea of what we want to do (that came about
> through long past discussions on this list as well as on IRC). When we
> had the last discussion on this list, I thought we had a basic
> agreement, which I will list:
>
> - Keep existing docs where they are
> - Create new realm for a well defined scope of new docs meant to be well
> maintained (quality over quantity)
> - Use wiki-style processes and rules
>
> If we do have this basic agreement, why don't we just move to implement
> this and start consolidating the docs there as we see fit?

Well, I guess my original email here was twofold: get a full list of
all the documents I think we need to 1) review and update for correct
information and 2) eventually consolidate into a better system of
guides.

Even before we have a place to work on #2, we can still work on #1 (as
you have been doing with the "building on ubuntu step by step"
tutorial that Ryan wrote).

Frankly, the "create new realm" part is not something I have know-how
or time to accomplish right now - and I think the last email on that
thread more or less suggested that I do it.

And now I must get to work!

- Urias