[haiku-development] Re: alpha release window ?

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 11:19:13 +0200 CEST

"Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > But that's just my opinion anyway - Apple surely gives a light
> > version
> > of iLife away with each Mac. But I would prefer to have only
> > essential
> > apps in the distribution, apps almost anyone would (have to)
> > download
> > anyway.
> I simply mentioned that Clockwerk was usable because you implied that
> it
> was an app to demo the capabilities of Haiku along (see your quote
> above). Maybe I misinterpreted your statement or took it out of
> context. ;)

I cut it out now, but you misinterpreted it supported by my poor
wording :-)
I meant to imply that Clockwerk is a good application to show off
Haiku, but that it would not be something many people will actually
make use of. See below.

> I see what you mean about not wanting to flood Haiku with apps. What
> really don't understand is how you can substantiate that the expected
> Haiku user base will not use ClockWerk but they will use WonderBrush.
> Forgive me for asking, but what kind of target user base are you
> assuming that would support such notion?

IMO, dealing with still images of any kind is something almost everyone
using a computer will do at some point. And not just once, too. Using a
video cut application is certainly becoming more popular (the cheaper
and better video cameras get), but is still rare compared to dealing
with still images.

That's just what I observed from personal experience, but what else
should I base my opinion on if there aren't actual field studies to
take into account? :-)

In any case, no one else has responded to this yet, so the score would
be 2:1 for including Clockwerk.

Bye,
   Axel.