[haiku-development] Re: alpha release window ?

  • From: PulkoMandy <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2009 22:05:16 +0200

> Developer documentation must also be checked for the Alpha. I suppose the
> BeBook covers most of it. Maybe have a document to list all the changes with
> respect to the BeBook. That would include the FS API. Anything else?

Layout management, tooltips, BSeparator ?

> Yes, I have noticed that too :)
> But why is Alt+Q transformed into Alt+A on azerty anyway? Is Pe checking the
> scan codes (?) directly. That doesn't make much sense, does it?

It depends on the shortcuts. You want cmd X cmd C cmd V to stay near
each other whatever the keyboard layout is (they are spatial
shortcuts) while you want quit to always be on the Q key. This is one
of the biggest problems you encounter when you switch to dvorak
keyboard, the shortucts are stored in your mind in a different memory
than the one you use to touch type. So you type in dvorak and still
use the shortcuts mapping to the key position in qwerty.
To be solved properly this needs some kind of localization, you can
either make the shortcut stay in place, move along with the letter
(depending on the keymap) or move on a different letter (in french
save (cmd S) is "Enregistrer" and it does not make sense to use the S
key anymore).
This needs some clever thinking to be done perfectly right.

--
Adrien Destugues / PulkoMandy
Elève ingénieur ENSSAT EII1- www.enssat.fr