[haiku-development] Writing a filesystem driver

  • From: PulkoMandy <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Haiku dev <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 12:05:18 +0200

Hello devs,
I'm willing to learn a little more about haiku than just the boring
localization part.
I'd like to write a driver to read floppies (or floppies images) from
my old Amstrad CPC. I have all the needed information on the
filesystem structure, but I don't really know where to start...
I know I have to write a physical layer to handle the floppy itself if
I want so, but I should be able to work on imagefiles. I also have to
write a filesystem add on, but no idea where to start. Which one
should I look at to get an overview of how it's done ?

--
Adrien Destugues / PulkoMandy
Elève ingénieur ENSSAT EII1- www.enssat.fr