[haiku-development] Re: Writing a filesystem driver

  • From: Bruno Albuquerque <bga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 09:32:12 -0200

PulkoMandy wrote:
Hello devs,
I'm willing to learn a little more about haiku than just the boring
localization part.
I'd like to write a driver to read floppies (or floppies images) from
my old Amstrad CPC. I have all the needed information on the
filesystem structure, but I don't really know where to start...
I know I have to write a physical layer to handle the floppy itself if
I want so, but I should be able to work on imagefiles. I also have to
write a filesystem add on, but no idea where to start. Which one
should I look at to get an overview of how it's done ?

Start with kernel_interface.cpp from BFS. It will show you everything that could/must be implemented and, at the same time, won't expose you to the rest of BFS itself. :)

-Bruno