[haiku-development] Re: Proposal for Haiku locale resouses reorganization.

  • From: PulkoMandy <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 12:16:29 +0200

> Well... Am I the only person that is unhappy with current placement of
> locale resource (also known as catkeys) files? I found it a bit
> unsystematized to spread localized resources over the whole source tree.
> The second point is that there are many languages in this World but only
> couple of them is used by a certain user/developer. I think this developer
> is interested in updating only that part of localized resources, that are
> used by him. This will save him the update time, network traffic and disk
> space.

Language files were moved to data/catalogs.
You still have to list them in the app jamfile, I did not manage to
get it done better. But it should be possible to either scan the
folder for all available language, or just tell people to include a
list of enabled languages in their UserBuildConfig. We need some jam
guru to do that, however, and I'm not.

--
Adrien Destugues / PulkoMandy
Elève ingénieur ENSSAT EII1- www.enssat.fr