[haiku-development] Re: Working on Haiku's Mail app

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2009 13:08:41 -0800

Hi AGM,

Good to see you around. :)

Alexander G. M. Smith wrote:
Jorge G. Mare wrote on Mon, 30 Nov 2009 11:33:33 -0800:
When sending emails, this menu is actually very convenient [...]

I have mine defaulted to ASCII for sending.  When it complains about
invalid characters, I can either fix the character or switch to
UTF-8 or Latin-1.

Well, this is OK for situations where you accidentally forget about the required encoding. But to go through all these steps when you know beforehand that the message you are writing requires an encoding other than the default is kind of inefficient.

Cheers,

Jorge/aka Koki