[haiku-development] Re: Working on Haiku's Mail app

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2009 18:20:22 +0100

"Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> For example, in reading mode, you could avoid duplication by removing
> the subject of the email which is already displayed in the title bar
> of
> the window. I also think the space taken by the Read icon and label
> could be put to better use (I don't see the functional or informative
> value).

It makes some sense to duplicate the title, as the window title might
not be long enough to contain it.
The "Read" label is the current mail status, so it's not always just
"Read" :-)
The informational value of the icon is indeed questionable, though, but
it still looks nice (one could experiment a bit, too, anyway).

> This space-saving may even allow space for a vertical
> (scrollable) list of attachments instead of the proposed horizontal
> view, which would behave better in situations where the list of
> attached
> files grows beyond the width of the window.

The attachment list could easily span over more than one row.
Besides that, I would prefer a list, too, as that feels like a more
natural GUI element. Too bad it would use up more space (depending on
the number of attachments, that is).

Bye,
   Axel.