[haiku-development] Re: Test app_server

  • From: Adrien Destugues <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 09:41:14 +0100

Le 29/05/2011 03:48, Joseph Groover a écrit :
On 5/28/2011 21:44, scottmc wrote:
On Sun, May 29, 2011 at 2:26 AM, Joseph Groover<looncraz@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Back in the day there was a test app_server which would run as a client
application for testing various tidbits. Would someone in the know please inform me as to where I could acquire said package, and also if it would be
fitting for decorator testing ( with or without modifications ).

Thanks!

--The loon

You might find the playground demo app useful for trying out the
various decors on...  I think it's got most of the various controls in
it.
-scottmc

I'm thinking more of a virtual app_server in which I can make modifications and code changes to the decorators so that crashes are caught by the debug_server and I can resume work without needing to reboot ( granted, crashing bugs are really rare, but still... ).

I could make it myself, a window in which the test_app_server renders, but I am pretty certain it has been done.

Thanks!

--The loon

jam the test_app_server target. It works well for decorators (you have to run a terminal inside it to use the setdecor command IIRC). The only problem is it's broken everytime someone needs it. So you have to start by fixing it.

--
Adrien.