[haiku-development] Re: unit test

  • From: Clemens <clemens.zeidler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 13:18:56 +1200

On Sat, 28 May 2011 08:28:51 +1200, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Clemens <clemens.zeidler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
like to run the application kit test units but have problems to
compile
them. Never used it before. Could somebody give me a short overview
how it
works? and what I have to put in my jamfile?

Theoretically, you would build UnitTester, and libapptest.so.
Unfortunately, the latter currently doesn't compile; you could try it
with libnetapitest.so to get started. If you are using GCC4, you can
then directly start the UnitTester -- with GCC2 some bug hits you, and
you'll have to manually provide the path to the test libs.

In the long run, those tests should be fixed, and they should be made
part of the BOM - best including running them on Haiku in a VM.

Bye,
   Axel.

Could you send me the entries for the UserBuildConfig? The test suite is running now but I haven't installed all the test apps and I'm not sure how to trigger their build...

thanks,
        Clemens