[haiku-development] Re: Test app_server

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 14:20:22 +0200

On 29.05.2011 10:12, Joseph Groover wrote:
There is no test_app_server target in trunk that I can find.
src/tests/servers/app/NOTES says to use
install-test=apps' pseudo-target, which does not work either.

I'm assuming this was removed at some point, or the code for the
test_app_server is misplaced and well hidden.

Thanks for the input, though!

--The loon

jam the test_app_server target. It works well for decorators (you have
to run a terminal inside it to use the setdecor command IIRC). The
only problem is it's broken everytime someone needs it. So you have to
start by fixing it.

You have to compile it for the special build target platform "libbe_test". Something like "TARGET_PLATFORM=libbe_test jam install-test-apps" should work. I haven't looked at the NOTES file that Axel mentioned... does it not give specific clues? If the test_app_server does not compile, it is usually for the following two reasons: 1) Someone added or removed .cpp files in the real app_server Jamfile and forgot to mirror the changes in the src/tests/servers/app/Jamfile. This is very likely the reason if it's currently broken. 2) Some build defines and include stuff has changed which affects the visibility of headers during the build of libbe_test targets. This is more tricky to fix, but usually involves messing with headers/build/HaikuBuildCompatibility.h.

Best regards,
-Stephan