[haiku-development] Re: unit test

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 22:28:51 +0200

Clemens <clemens.zeidler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> like to run the application kit test units but have problems to
> compile
> them. Never used it before. Could somebody give me a short overview
> how it
> works? and what I have to put in my jamfile?

Theoretically, you would build UnitTester, and libapptest.so.
Unfortunately, the latter currently doesn't compile; you could try it
with libnetapitest.so to get started. If you are using GCC4, you can
then directly start the UnitTester -- with GCC2 some bug hits you, and
you'll have to manually provide the path to the test libs.

In the long run, those tests should be fixed, and they should be made
part of the BOM - best including running them on Haiku in a VM.

Bye,
   Axel.