[haiku-development] Re: RFC: @haiku-os.org email address policy

  • From: PulkoMandy <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 10:30:33 +0100

> Okay, I'm convinced that it is okay to use nicknames and in
> combination with the 'real name'  during official correspondence.

Note it also allows keeping it in sync with the account we have on the
system for svn commits and ssh logins. I guess this would likely make
the admin tasks simpler (no need to have a map of realname <> nickname
somewhere)
Contributors may also want to stay anonymous on the internet for
personal reasons, so enforcing the use of their real name would
prevent using the address.

--
Adrien Destugues / PulkoMandy
http://pulkomandy.ath.cx