[haiku-development] Re: Package Management - devel or not to devel?

  • From: Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2013 11:03:34 +0200

Am 04/09/2013 10:21, schrieb Stephan Aßmus:
On 04.09.2013 10:02, Axel Dörfler wrote:
Bloat with no good reason is just never a good idea.
I think the point being made is that it would be bloat for a good
reason. :-) However, I agree with you otherwise.

Yes, sure, however I tried to explain why I believe that this is not a good reason after all :-)

Anyway, since Haiku is not supposed to be a developer only OS forever, it will be bloat to most people no matter how you look at it.

And just because I'm a developer that likes to play 3D games, doesn't mean I need devel packages of svn, OpenGL, halflife, or the SDL. It's very likely that I will never need those. That's what I call bloat.

Bye,
   Axel.