[haiku-development] Re: Package Management - devel or not to devel?

  • From: Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2013 15:54:44 -0700

On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 3:49 PM, Alexander von Gluck
<kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 2013-09-03 at 23:42 +0200, Jérôme Duval wrote:
>> You can eventually check the current alpha profile definition (aimed
>> at developers) which includes cvs, git, mercurial and subversion.
>> Revisiting one day their inclusions is surely a good thing, but I
>> remember the goal was to provide developers with tools enabling them
>> to develop ASAP.
>
> Providing the development files by default in packages would be
> beneficial to this goal.

And it's my understanding that disabling the dev packages as defaults
again in the final release was our eventual goal - and making the
development tools (and related packages) optional components during
installation.

So, I'm not sure I understand what you're getting at here.

- Urias