[haiku-development] Re: Package Management - devel or not to devel?

  • From: Mariusz Wojcik <mdickie007@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2013 21:19:06 +0200

> And besides those, devel packages may have additional dependencies that
> would need to be installed.
>
> But since we do have a consistent naming scheme, it would probably not
> be a big deal to have the HaikuDepot application filter them out, or
> handle them in a special way (like having a "Install development
> package" button on the "ffmpeg" page, or a "Install development
> packages" setting similar to what miqlas suggested, or both).

I think it would be good to make a button in HaikuDepot like "Show
technical Packages", which shows Librarys and Devel Packages. Also
usefull would be a meta package(like a full Development Kit) which
contains all devel packages for the installed non devel Packages. Also
you can install on your own your needed devel Packages.
Greetings,
Mariusz Wojcik