[haiku-development] Re: Mercurial

  • From: Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 14:09:47 -0400

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 12:19, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Andreas Färber <andreas.faerber@xxxxxx> wrote:
>> I've taken a look at the Guides page, and one possible point of hg/git
>> documentation would be "Getting the Source Code", but I apparently
>> can't edit that.
>
> Of course you need special rights to edit existing ro add new pages.

The permissions needed to edit /guides (www.haiku-os.org) are designed
to be freely given to people known to not be spammers. For
(un)publishing newly created pages, one may need nudge to have it done
-- i haven't checked in a bit.

The primary purpose of creating that document type was to reduce the
need for a wiki (although i'm not particularly convinced that drupal
suffices as a wiki replacement) and to reduce the proliferation of
separate articles & howtos that have come to litter (and eventually
become outdated over time) not only the website, but many 3rd party
sites.

--mmadia