[haiku-development] Re: Mercurial

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 13:36:07 -0500

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 11:13 AM, Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx> wrote:

> There are several "casual contributors" and developers who don't (yet) have
> commit access. I believe it would benefit the project, if we simplified
> things for them and also simplified the patch related workflow. E.g. it
> would be nice, if Trac could present an overview of pending patches, help
> with reviewing them, and maybe even provide a "Commit" (and "Test build and
> commit" :-)) button.

WebKit pretty much has this exact process already set up. They use
bugzilla though and seem to have built their system around that. But
in general I imagine we could borrow some things or at least review
their tools and processes to get ideas about how it is currently done
on a big and very busy project. Though they admittedly still have
issues and sometimes let patches sit around a while (like some for our
Haiku port.) But for us implementing such a system would definitely be
an improvement.

--
Regards,
Ryan