[haiku-development] Re: Mercurial

  • From: Andreas Färber <andreas.faerber@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 16:28:33 +0100

Am 12.03.2010 um 20:50 schrieb Ithamar R. Adema:

Ingo Weinhold wrote:
There are several "casual contributors" and developers who don't (yet) have commit access. I believe it would benefit the project, if we simplified things for them and also simplified the patch related workflow. E.g. it would be nice, if Trac could present an overview of pending patches, help with reviewing them, and maybe even provide a "Commit" (and "Test build and commit" :-)) button.
Did anyone ever consider using Patchwork[1] for tracking patches?

It was considered for QEMU.[2] It seemed rather easy for patches sent to the mailing list to appear in Patchwork, but actually marking patches as applied or WIP by the maintainers seemed trickier, given the patch volume.

I think Trac is much nicer than Patchwork, as it allows more people to comment on the patch and to get cc'ed on the ones you're interested in. It's the Trac -> SVN step that's the bigger burden for the developers, I guess, and Patchwork doesn't help with that.

Andreas

[1] http://ozlabs.org/~jk/projects/patchwork/

[2] http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/qemu-devel/list/