[haiku-development] Re: Keymaps and Command key

  • From: PulkoMandy <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 18:15:46 +0200

> I agree with Rene that using the left thumb for ALT shortcuts is a lot
> nicer ergonomically than moving the pinky to CTRL. It even allows
> easier use of ALT-A to select all in a window.

On a sidenote, Windows already uses ALT for menu shortcuts (ALT F >
File menu) with a locking system (IE if you press ALT alone once, it
will lock you in the menu waiting for a letter associated to a menu).
This is bad, because if you press alt by mistake then enter some text,
it will result in random menus being opened...
Not having this behaviour, or, at least, moving it to the control key,
seems a good thing ...