[haiku-development] Re: Keymaps and Command key

  • From: Alexandre Deckner <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 11:54:30 +0200

Remi Grumeau wrote:

    Considering this is the default in BeOS, I would guess most BeOS
    users (or ex-BeOS users) would prefer it to stay this way. I know
I do. Please so not change it.

+10 !
If you want to follow other OSes ideas in order to make switching easier, why not switch to FAT32 and files extensions, an MS-DOS instead of Unix Shell, bitmap icons like Windows, no right clic (for Mac users), add prompt window on each actions (for Vista users), put a "Startup" in the Deskbar instead of the leafter, ...

Alt key is the BeOS/Haiku special thing / soul... to me.
Put i would be curious to make a poll "What are you using, Alt or Ctrl ?"
Wow!! I think this thread went out of control! I find those answers "why do you try to copy windows blah blah" pretty immature and gratuitously rude... Do you really think i work all those hours on Haiku to make my own microsoft? I'm just looking for the perfect desktop, so bear with me, and be constructive, we're on a development list here.
Bye,
Alex