[haiku-development] Re: Keymaps and Command key

  • From: Sikosis <sikosis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 16:01:45 +1000

Personally it's the first thing I change from ALT to CTRL. But I'm happy to leave it as is.

Cheers

Sikosis

On 20/08/2008, at 12:38 PM, "Rene Gollent" <anevilyak@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 7:18 PM, John Scipione <jscipione@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Alt mode by default. Here is the problem with ctrl mode, the terminal
uses special control characters such as ctrl-c and ctrl-z for stop and
suspend. Of course in control mode ctrl-c is used to copy and ctrl-z
is used for undo. So what do you do if you want to copy from the
terminal? In alt mode there isn't a problem. alt-c and alt-z are
available.

+1. Despite what the default shortcut might be elsewhere, I've still
always felt most comfortable with alt as shortcut key myself, and this
is another good reason for it.

Regards,

Rene