[haiku-development] Re: Keymaps and Command key

  • From: Andreas Färber <andreas.faerber@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 23:52:14 +0200

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 19:40:29 +0200
Von: Alexandre Deckner <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
An: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: [haiku-development] Keymaps and Command key

Hi! I've noticed that with my keymap (french), the right command key and right option key are switched compared to the us keymap (japanese and uk
too).
I've got RCommand = 0x60 and ROption = 0x5f.
Almost all keymaps are like this.

The problem is that the check in menu preflet fails (since those values are hardcoded there too) and says i'm in Ctrl mode although i'm in Alt
mode. Selecting Alt again rewrites these hardcoded values so that
following runs are fine.
See src/data/etc/keymaps and src/preferences/menu/MenuSettings.cpp

Is there any reason behind this variation?

I think it's a bug. But I don't know which values are the correct ones. I mean I don't know if all the keymaps need fixing or MenuSettings.cpp.

Probably related to this one:
http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/2139

Andreas