[haiku-development] Re: Haiku, Inc. in Contempt of Its Community

  • From: Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 12:25:11 +0100

Am 18.02.2015 um 10:27 schrieb Ingo Weinhold:
On 02/17/2015 06:09 PM, Axel Dörfler wrote:
Currently, I find this not very intuitive. That's also a UI problem,
though, but changing how it works would definitely improve things a lot.
I honestly don't get it.  I also don't understand why this argument
applies only to ~/config and not to /system. I can't decide which I find
worse: switching both locations to a packaged/ subdirectory or making
them inconsistent with each other. At any rate, I much prefer the status
quo.

The status quo in /system is less of a problem, as it's not supposed to be messed with that much (outside of "settings"). Of course, if we were to change the paths, I would change /system, too, to keep the two consistent.

Bye,
   Axel.