[haiku-development] Re: Haiku, Inc. in Contempt of Its Community

  • From: Weyoun Six <weyounsix@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 23:05:07 -0800

François Revol wrote:
>- Haiku, Inc. does not participate in the development decisions, those
>are made solely by the Haiku developers with commit right.

You're both lying, and you're not very good at it.
I, however, am aware that all of Haiku, Inc's Board members have commit access.

> - Haiku is still alpha, and has such makes no commitment to maintaining
> its own ABI or API, just the BeOS one. BeOS never had a /boot/common.

I see.

So, you are saying that Haiku's file system, in the alpha state it is in, is so
unstable, that it cannot contain a directory structure that includes
/boot/common.

Or perhaps you are saying that the mere presence of the /boot/common directory
will render the ABI or API unusable.

Or maybe you forgot that Haiku, Inc. is making Haiku and not BeOS.

> proper package management is the only way to handle distributing and
> installing software at a larger scale that what was available on BeOS.

I see.

So it is your claim that the package manager will no longer work if a
/boot/common directory was present.

>They are hardcoded to the package itself on purpose actually, to allow
>installing different versions of the same package.

I see.

So you are saying that the package manager is broken by design, as it uses
"hard coded paths."

All these responses amount to nonsense.

Augustin, I won't even dignify the "{CITATION NEEDED}" bullshit.

Chase Rayfield wrote:

> I think the chances of someone calling themselves Weyoun 5 and not being a
> troll are pretty slim

The only ones trolling here are the individuals who have responded with the
above nonsense.
The only conclusion I can reach for this kind of behaviour, is contempt for the
community.
There is no logical reason to break things and continue to argue for the
continued breakage
years later, with the only result being stagnation.

On Trolls:

"At times, the word can be abused to refer to anyone with controversial
opinions they disagree with.
Such usages goes against the ordinary meaning of troll in multple ways.
Most importantly, trolls don't actually believe the controversial views they
claim."

schrieb Axel Dorfler:
>Is it really that hard to ignore that troll?

I have no problem ignoring you. But, wouldn't it be much simpler if Haiku, Inc.
and the Community can come to some sort of mmmmmutually ahceptable compromise?